Hi Guys, sorry for the negative title, but it sums up my FZ Vaio.
Several things wrong with it.
* The Fn key that adjusts the screen brightness, I have sensitive eyes so i cant look at it full brightness i have to Dim it down to 2 or 3 bars on the scale. if the screen saver comes on, or i close the lid, it has forgotten my setting ehen it resumes, this means that i have to re adjust my brightness back to my preferred brightness about 20 times every day! very annoying. Sometimes the brightness control doesnt respond, i have to restart PC, its the only thing that will get it wroking again so i am able to control it. very annoying when im in middle of designing something.
I know that a FRESH install of VISTA would prob fix this but at the moment i have all my design software installed and all the updates etc etc, plus all my settings and programs, it will be a mamouth task to save all my data somewhere and format and re instal. I havent got the time and the patience to do this at this time, If I do that I would rather get a new laptop at the same time and finally put an end to my FZ Vaio frustrations.
* The left hand mouse button on the laptop sits lower than the right button, when you click it, you hear the click sound but often the click action has not taken, you have to really press it hard to make sure you get the button action and not just the clicking sound. very annoying. no excuses SONY this is shoddy quality ive seen others complaining about this. I expect more from SONY i could have purchased 3 ACER laptops for the price i paid for this VAIO.
* Motion eye camera. never works. I have tried changing the drivers and doing vaio updates etc, i got it working once, It now sometimes works (when it feels like it) if i open the sony camera capture utility, but if i get a call on Skype, or MSN it says The device can not be found. - skype,msn,yahoo etc can not see the camera. If anyone knows of a decent driver that works for vista please let me know :) its no annoying i was really looking FWD to having a laptop with built in camera. but everytime someone calls me it doesnt work even after DL the vaio update for it.
* The finish on the keyboard keys started coming off after 3 months! after 6 months the laptop now looks old, the keys look worn and used, the space bar after only 90 days had a big bald patch on it. NO excuses again SONY this is bad quality. what happened to the normal SONY quality and attention to detail. I am begining to belive that sony have been getting ACER to make their laptops, this is my 3rd VAIO i also use a T series and am still delighted with it after 3 years! it lived up to my sony expectations. this FZ must have been a "friday night" laptop, (they rushed to finish it on a friday night to get down the pub)
* I was hoping that this laptop would give me Full power for all my design work. I like to have loads of windows open at the same time, photo shop, dream weaver, internet pages, photos etc. BUT it cant handle it.. every day while using it i find my self having to close some stuff down becuase it wont carry out a tast, it seems to run out of memory or something, lets same i have photoshop/dreamW/internet/note pad open, and i try to open a new task.. it will just do Nothing. i have to close an application and them it will do it.
I think im going to sell this on ebay, its only 8 months old its the biggest let down ever. i dont recommend anyone to get a FZ series Vaio. I love VAIO`s, I never normally look at any other brand but after being BIT with this one I am now confused. I feel like my trusty VAIO days are coming to an end, can anyone recommend a HIGH power 15" screen laptop for design work that will not have all these annoying problems.
I am particularly interested to hear from other FZ owners, to hear if they have same problems,
Sorry for the big moan, but this is the way it is.